Q: 2003 Chrysler seabring, was a pop then black and grey smoke rpm gauge went crazy and the car cut out. Power went completely and sh

2003 Chrysler seabring, was a pop then black and grey smoke rpm gauge went crazy and the car cut out. Power went completely and shut down. After I got it to the side of the road I pop the hood and it was still smoke pouring out of the front. I have pictures of the top of the engine where there was oil there's also oil underneath of it all over the ground. I was told it's possibly an alternator and also a gasket that is wrong. But I also will have the check also the throttlebody because I'm reading things about lullaby from the throttlebody getting in there I did check the throttlebody and it does have oil in there black oil. I was going up hill at the time if that helps.

Without knowing exact cause of the oil leak since it sounds severe there would not be any way to tell you what happened. If you leaked oil onto the belts of the alternator then it may slip and cause no charging condition but also may be cause of smoking also. The engine died for no battery power most likely from the system not recharging the battery. I would suggest having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to come to you and check to see what all the problems and oil leaks may be.

3. 2003 Chrysler seabring, was a pop then black and grey smoke rpm gauge went crazy and the car cut out. Power went completely and sh