2000 mitsubishi eclipse v6 3.0 o2 sensors mitsubishi 2000...

Q: 2000 mitsubishi eclipse v6 3.0 o2 sensors

asked by on October 24, 2017

I have a exhaust leak on my flex pipe. So I search for a replacement manifold flange to cat I found a few but the o2 sensor locations do not match... the part online has locations for o2 sensors on the downpipes. I have from what I can tell 2. One in front of the car and one behind. I cannot find any on the headers. What do I do??

These components may be available from Mitsubishi dealers, including Internet Mitsubishi parts departments. I would first attempt to procure the part there. In terms of the aftermarket if you are reviewing on line pictures or diagrams, sometimes those are inaccurate. In all events, if you do buy an aftermarket part (again, dealer is usually best for fit, function and performance), when it comes to oxygen sensors if you need to modify (or "correct") the mounting hole location for the sensor it is easy to do because bungs are readily available and any good welder (muffler shop or otherwise) can always place an oxygen sensor bung (threaded mounting hole) in the correct location. Existing unused bungs can then be plugged. If you need assistance procuring and/or replacing the correct parts, please make a service request using YourMechanic’s exhaust system diagnostic/replacement service page. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.