Q: Check Engine Light is on and transmission problem

I have 2 issues. One on my dashboard just said service engine soon it blinked than went away what does that mean. Another it feels like something is wrong with my transmission. It sometime jerks whn I take off or when I accelerate it make a huge thud sound what does that mean

Hello, What you are describing sounds like a transmission that may be low on transmission fluid or potentially have some internal component problems such as a faulty solenoid or bad control module. When the transmission is not functioning properly, this may also cause the check engine light to come on as you have described. A faulty transmission control module may cause a delay in acceleration or erratic shifting of gears. The transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform it’s function. Other functions controlled by the TCM are components such as a kick down switch, traction control system, and cruise control module. Any of these may also affect the way the transmission control module performs and controls the transmission and the shifting of your vehicle. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission problem.

3. Check Engine Light is on and transmission problem