Q: 1977 Ford F-100 not starting, fuel-pump related?

It started about 3 months ago. After getting on road after about 5 min. vehicle would start sputtering like if wanted to die. It would not die but just jerk and sputter. Finally this past week it was happening more often and finally died on me. it cranks but does not start. replaced fuel pump. while replacing fuel pump noticed fuel line connected to tank was leaking. Will replace that section. My question fuel was still going through but could that be the problem or should i look at other parts of vehicle?

If the hose before the fuel pump has a hole in it, then the car will suck air in the system and the fuel pump will not be able to pull fuel from fuel tank. The entire fuel system should be scoped out to ensure that it is working in proper order. If you would like to have this checked, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose the starting issue, pinpoint the fault, and make the correct repair.

3. 1977 Ford F-100 not starting, fuel-pump related?