Q: - Issues with the Air Restricter Gauge which is affecting the engine. Engine is in LHM

• Issues with the Air Restricter Gauge which is affecting the engine. Engine is in LHM

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. Air restriction gauges measure the amount of vacuum created when air is pulled through the filter. It measures the buildup of dirt from a new filter’s installation throughout its useful life. Check the air filter and air filter housing to ensure that the filter is not plugged up and is not causing any air restrictions to the engine. If the air filter is new or clean and the housing is in good shape, then check the hose from the housing to the gauge for any buildup that would cause a mass vacuum. Also, look at the hose and around the hose mount to the housing to see if there is any cracks. As the air is rushing into the air filter, if there is a small leak on the housing, it will pull air from the small leak causing a vacuum draw and making the gauge give a false reading. If you need further assistance diagnosing your intake system to your engine, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with your vehicle.

3. - Issues with the Air Restricter Gauge which is affecting the engine. Engine is in LHM