$125.02 - $465.01
You are driving down the road and suddenly a reckless driver crosses your path. It’s happened to all of us at one point or another. A dangerous driver swerves in front of you and almost causes you to crash your car. What can you do?
First, you need to be able to identify a bad, or reckless driver. Remember, laws vary by state so it’s recommended to know your own local and state driving violations well. A reckless driver could be drunk, intoxicated, or otherwise not fit for driving.
When determining whether someone is driving recklessly, here are a few things to keep an eye out for:
- Driving more than 15 mph over or under the speed limit (where applicable)
- Constantly weaving in and out of traffic, especially without the use of a turn signal
- Driving dangerously close to the vehicle ahead, otherwise known as “tailgating”
- Rolling through or not stopping at multiple stop signs
- Expressing signs of road rage, such as yelling/screaming or rude and excessive hand gestures
- Attempting to chase, follow, or hit another vehicle
Should you encounter a reckless, or bad driver on the road and feel that it is a dangerous situation, follow these steps:
- Remember as many details regarding the vehicle make, model, and color as possible
- Pull over to the side of the road before utilizing your mobile device
- If possible, write down as many details as you can remember while they are fresh in your mind, including the location of the incident and direction the “bad” driver was going
- Call the local police if the driver is “bad” or aggressive, but not dangerous, such as not signaling when turning or texting while driving where illegal
- Call 911 if the situation is dangerous to you and/or others on the roadway
Bad, dangerous, or reckless drivers should be left to the authorities to stop. It is not recommended to follow, apprehend, or confront someone if an incident should occur. Immediately call the local police or emergency service.
Help prevent accidents and reckless driving incidents by doing your part to stay calm and follow the rules of the road wherever you drive.
Schedule Brake Pad Replacement
The most popular service booked by readers of this article is Brake Pad Replacement. Yourmechanic’s technicians bring the dealership to you by performing this job at your home or office 7 days a week between 7AM-9PM. We currently cover over 10k cities and have 100k+ 5-star reviews... LEARN MORESEE PRICING & SCHEDULING