A personalized Arizona license plate is a great way to say something about yourself through your car. You can show off various forms of Arizona pride, display something you care about, or simply have some light-hearted fun with an Arizona personalized license plate.
Purchasing a personalized license plate is pretty easy, and very affordable. If you’re looking for a fun addition to your car, or simply a way to make your vehicle more uniquely you, a personalized Arizona plate may be perfect for you.
Part 1 of 3: Selecting a personalized Arizona license plate
Step 1: Visit the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division website: Open your computer’s web browser and go to the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division website.
- Tip: Before starting this process, you should make sure that your vehicle is currently registered in the state of Arizona.
Step 2: Go to the plate selection page: Visit the plate selection page to get started choosing a plate.
From the Motor Vehicle Division website, click the button labeled “Personalized / Specialty Plates”.
Step 3: Select a license plate theme: Choose the theme of your customized license plate.
From the Specialty Plate page, select the option titled “Check my personalized plate choice”, and then press the “Continue” button.
Click on the license plate theme that you would like for your customized license plate. There are dozens of choices, ranging from sports teams to national pride, to organizations.
- Tip: It’s a good idea to take some time to think about what license plate theme you would like, so that you can be sure to choose a plate that you’ll be happy to have for years to come.
Step 4: Choose your customized message: Choose a customized message for your personalized license plate.
At the bottom of the page, write the message that you would like for your license plate, then click the “Search” button. The website will then tell you whether or not this license plate message is taken.
- Tip: You may have to search a few different license plate messages before you find one that is available to use.
Part 2 of 3: Order your personalized license plates
Step 1: Visit the plate order page: Go to the plate order page on the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division website.
Return to the plate selection page, and select “Order my plate”, then press “Continue”.
Step 2: Fill out the plate order form: Fill out all of the necessary information to order your personalized license plates.
Press the “Continue” button, and then the “Begin plate selection” button to begin filling out the information for your personalized Arizona plates. In addition to the personalized license plate information, you will have to provide basic personal information, and identifying information about your vehicle.
- Warning: You will have to give a meaning for your license plate message. This is to ensure that your message and plate are appropriate.
Step 3: Pay for your plates: Pay the $50 fee for your personalized license plates.
After confirming all of your information, you will have to pay a $50 fee online. Your plates will not be reserved or sent to you until this fee is paid.
- Tip: The Arizona Motor Vehicle Division website accepts credit, debit, and check cards from Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
Part 3 of 3: Install your customized Arizona license plates
Step 1: Install your new plates: Install your personalized Arizona license plates on your vehicle.
When your personalized plates arrive, you should immediately install them on both the front and back of your vehicle.
If you don’t feel comfortable installing the license plates yourself, you can hire a mechanic to come do the job for you.
- Tip: When you install your new license plates, be sure to place your registration stickers on them as well. You can request new registration stickers if you need to.
Whether you opt to show of your team pride, or display a loved one’s initials, a personalized Arizona license plate is one of the best ways to make your vehicle uniquely you.