Q: Would the Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo make a good first new car?

I am looking to buy my first new car . I was wondering if the Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo would be a good option ? I'm looking for something good on gas , reliable and small. I've heard that the transmittion isn't very good and expensive . I don't know if that's something to consider

With any new car you always have the possibility of getting a vehicle that never gives you a major problem as long as you keep up with the maintenance. You also could get a vehicle that gives you nothing but problems no matter what you do. This vehicle has been around for a long time. It is not a small SUV vehicle but a medium SUV. The fuel mileage will not be as good as most small SUVs.

As far as reliability of the transmission, these vehicles have been a leader in the market to get transmissions that have more than 4 or 5 forward gears and along the way has had some problems. The newest model should of had any past problems fixed. I would recommend getting the extended powertrain warranty no matter what vehicle you purchase. The price of major repairs on these vehicle will exceed the vehicles value in some cases and not be worth the repair if you do not have an extended warranty to cover the repairs. I would suggest looking up the vehicle you plan to purchase on the internet for problems with that model.

3. Would the Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo make a good first new car?