Q: Won't start without block heater 2004 Chevrolet Aveo

so my car recently stopped starting up unless it is plugged into the block heater , this has been going on for a week now , we have had colder days and it started up fine but lately it won't start without it being plugged in , why is this and is there a filter I should replace or something I should be replacing it fix this problem ???? Help

Hello - oil can get surprisingly "thick and gooey" when cold (think molasses). This makes starting your engine in cold weather more difficult. Check your owners manual to be sure you have the correct viscosity oil for winter driving performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.