Q: Won't start

Cleaned battery leads, engine gets gas, battery 1 1/2 old, turns over once then nothing

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 1999 Jeep Cherokee to not start. The first step with no start vehicles is to check the battery and perform a load test of the battery, this is checking for the batteries ability to start the vehicle. If the battery passes the load test then other possible faults are the starter, ignition switch, fuel pump, battery cables, crankshaft position sensor, or a wiring harness fault. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your no start condition and make any repairs required.