Q: Won't move drive reverse

My Sephia has 160 k plus miles on it, and it barely moved in drive or reverse. It also made awful screeching sounds when I pressed on the gas. It doesn’t matter how much or how little I pressed the pedal. My check engine light came on. So I knew there were some problems brewing with my transaxle range sensor and the idle air control valve. There was also some scraping in the front of the car. It felt like it was located in the undercarriage of the car when I moved from a complete stop. Earlier today the scraping happened more frequently. Then all of a sudden it wouldn't go over 25 mph. The scraping started at a red light. Then the car wouldn’t move when the light turned green. I need help please. Do you have any ideas?

A: Hi! The screeching sound you're talking...

Hi! The screeching sound you're talking about sounds like a worn drive belt and the scraping sound will likely be related to the brakes of the vehicle. I suggest that you have a technician overlook the vehicle and specifically inspect the braking system and the drive belt condition. If it won't move in drive or reverse then it is possible that there is a transmission issue present such as low transmission fluid.

Being that the vehicle cannot be driven at the time, you may benefit from a mobile mechanic company, such as YourMechanic, which will come to you to inspect the issue with your braking system and gears.