Q: Q: Brake pads

I need to replace my rear brake pad and rotors, will i also have to replace the sensor?

Hi There, It should not be necessary to change the sensor when changing the brake pads and rotors. Assuming you are referring to the ABS sensor, these are often times inspected during the process of removing and replacing the pads as a routine inspection and in some cases may need to be replaced if the ABS light is on intermittently. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to inspect and replace your brake pads.

3. Q: Brake pads