Q: Whistling noise coming from car

I drive a skoda octavia and there is a whistling noise which seems to be coming from the engine. It is there when the car is stationary and moving but disappears if i push on the clutch even slightly. Could this be something serious or is it ok to ignore for a while.

You should have the clutch release bearing noise checked by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic.com to see how much noise the release bearing is making and how long before it will fail. The noise is from a worn out bearing and the release bearing if it seizes will damage the clutch pressure plate and require the entire clutch assembly to be replaced.

3. Whistling noise coming from car