Q: Whistling noise coming from car

I drive a skoda octavia and there is a whistling noise which seems to be coming from the engine. It is there when the car is stationary and moving but disappears if i push on the clutch even slightly. Could this be something serious or is it ok to ignore for a while.

You should have the clutch release bearing noise checked by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic.com to see how much noise the release bearing is making and how long before it will fail. The noise is from a worn out bearing and the release bearing if it seizes will damage the clutch pressure plate and require the entire clutch assembly to be replaced.