Q: While on an unlevel road, brakes disengaged

I was driving around 40 mph on an uneven/unlevel road. I had the brake pedal pressed down when the brakes just disengaged. When I took the car to the dealership for a diagnosis, I was told that my vehicle was functioning as it was designed to perform. In your experience, have you heard of this type of brake disengagement and is there a way to correct it?

Hello there, this sounds like a rather rare issue. The Ct200 uses electronic brakes as opposed to a mechanical pedal ones found on many older vehicles. My best guess would be that the pedal lost power for some reason when the car was on the uneven and unlevel road. Without more information and proper diagnosis it is tough to tell what caused this fault though. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic will be able to assist you with diagnosis of the brake system and perform any repairs required.