Q: Where is the Knock sensor on a 2012 cruze eco 1.8L

asked by on February 24, 2018

I have error code P328 for High Circuit Voltage for my (2012 Cruze Eco 1.8L) Knock Sensor. I cannot find it on the Cruze. Where do I need to look and can I get to it with out Jacking up the Car? I want to try and change it myself if possible without taking it to the shop.

Thank You Derek Roberson

The knock sensor is mounted to the rear of the cylinder block (i.e, the side of the block nearest the firewall) toward the crankshaft pulley. The car must lifted somewhat and safety stands must be placed. Please be aware that hydraulic jacks have rubber seals that can fail at any time with no warning. Consequently, safety stands must be used. The trouble code P0328 is not a diagnostic that pinpoints the failed part or component. Just to illustrate, the knock sensor could be brand new but if there is an open or short in the wire to the knock sensor, Code P0328 will set. Obviously, in that circumstance the repair consists of a wiring repair and not removal and replacement of any parts. Anytime trouble codes set, an actual diagnostic must be performed. If you request a check engine light diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic will pinpoint the fault and advise you of any needed repairs, all right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.