Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-102436-f5zdh0js:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-102436-f5zdh0js:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-102436-f5zdh0js:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-102436-f5zdh0js:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-102436-f5zdh0js:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-102436-f5zdh0js:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-102436-f5zdh0js:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-102436-f5zdh0js:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-102436-f5zdh0js:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-102436-f5zdh0js:173:8

Q: When trying to start the truck it cranks and cranks, Wont start and when you stop turning the key, It shakes a little and smokes

The truck ran fine the day before, came to try to start it today while it was raining and it wouldn't start, Just cranked. And when I'd stop turning the key, a few times it would shake as if it tried to start, And then white smoke would come from the engine area. When opening the hood There was a good amount of smoke in the air box (as i opened it a little to check) And smoke coming from the drivers side of the engine.

A: I suspect your ECT (Engine Coolant Temperat...

I suspect your ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) sensor is stuck at -40 degrees. When this occurs, the PCM dumps as much fuel into the motor as it can because it believes the outside temperature is -40 degrees Fahrenheit. You will need to connect a scanner to be sure.

You can do what is known as a clear flood. Push the gas pedal all the way to the floor and hold it there while you crank the motor. This is a really good diagnostic test for a flooded condition such as you might have. You will most likely need to crank the motor for an extended period of time and when it does begin to start, you will need to feather the throttle to keep in running until the excess fuel clears out. It may smoke a lot as well, so if your parked in a garage, I would move it out if you can.

It is possible the cylinders have been washed with fuel so much that compression is now too low to run the motor. This would seem to be improbable, but this actually occurs more often than most are aware of. If this is the case, you will need to squirt oil into the cylinder to help them build up compression. The rings actually need some oil around them to help them seal. This is part of the normal operation of an internal combustion motor.

A flooded condition can and often is difficult to deal with. Leaking fuel injectors or a broken fuel pressure regulator diaphragm can do the same. Remove a spark plug on the side that the smoke is coming from and see if the spark plug is wet.

If you should need further help with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and diagnose your starting problem firsthand.

Good luck!