Q: When I turn key on no lights on dash go on in the car. The car won't start or make any noise. What can it be?

Turn car on no lights on dash go on clock gies on but when u turn key clock goes blank same thing when i step on brake clock goes blank can u help ty

Your vehicle could have a battery that has lost it’s charge or the battery cables are corroded or loose. Check the battery with a digital volt meter and see what the voltage is. If the voltage is below 11.5 volts, then the battery needs replaced. If the battery is between 12.4 volts and 11.5 volts, then the battery would need charged and checked for a power drain in the car with the key off. If the battery is fully charged, then check the battery cables and see if they are loose or corroded. If the cables have corrosion on them, you can clean them with baking soda and water. Tighten up the cables if they are loose.

If you need further assistance with your vehicle not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• When I turn key on no lights on dash go on in the car. The car won't start or make any noise. What can it be?