Q: When and how should I rotate the tires?

When and how should I rotate the tires?

Rotating your tires is an important consideration for prolonging their life and preventing unnecessary wear and tear. If you don’t rotate your tires, the two on the drive wheels will wear down very quickly, while the two on the non-drive wheels will develop poor wear characteristics.

Nissan specifies that you should rotate your tires every 7,500 miles, or roughly with every other oil change. In addition, you should rotate your tires front to back and never using an X pattern (the driver rear should move to the driver front, and the driver front should move to the drive rear, for instance).

Tips

• Always check tire pressure after rotating your tires.

• The spare tire shouldn’t be rotated (it shouldn’t be used at all unless you have a flat tire, and should be put back in the trunk as soon as you’ve had the flat replaced).