Q: When am driving,especially above 15km/h and then step on the clutch,the rpm starts varying from 1000-3000.what can cause that

I used to have bad idling,i cleaned the air intake valve.After like a week of driving,i noticed that when i step on the clutch on high speed especially when the car is on gear,the RPM starts to fluctuate from 1000-3000 which then stabilises when i disengage the gear.what can be the problem

A: This can happen when the idle air control v...

This can happen when the idle air control valve is dirty or not working properly. This is a unit that monitors the air/fuel mixture at idle speed. This can also happen when the mass air flow sensor is not working properly. This monitors the air/fuel mixture at higher speeds, but can cause a similar symptom when you are at higher RPMs. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair the idling issue.