Q: Whats the best solution for fixing a P2118 OBD code?

My check engine light recently came on 2 days ago. I had an OBD scan completed today and the codes P2118 and P2101 came back. I d like to know if Your Mechanic can resolve these issues for me.

Hi there. The P2118 code is a general OBD-II diagnostic trouble code (DTC) that is referencing the throttle actuator control motor current / performance. This code may be seen with other throttle position sensor codes. P2101 is an OBD-II generic code for the engine control module (ECM) detecting the throttle actuator control (TAC) went out of the range of the circuit causing an open circuit to be detected in the TAC motor. Depending on what symptoms you are experiencing would determine the repairs needed to be completed. The best way we can help is to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a check engine light inspection, so they can inspect the vehicle and try to determine which component specifically is causing these codes.