Q: What should I look for in terms of tire wear?

What should I look for in terms of tire wear?

A: While your tires should be inspected during...

While your tires should be inspected during normal maintenance, it’s even more important that you’re able to keep an eye on them yourself. Knowing a couple of things to watch for will help make sure that you reduce your risk of experiencing a blowout or a tire-wear related accident. Here’s what you need to do:

• Check the tread wear at least monthly. Note any abnormal wear (inner edge, outer edge, center wear, etc.).

• Check for cracks, splits and other damage in the sidewalls of your tires.

• Check for bulges under the tread, as this can indicate a broken belt.

• Check to see if the wear indicators are visible in your tread. If they are, it’s time to start considering replacement.