Q: Q: What should I do before towing a trailer?

What should I do before towing a trailer?

No matter what size engine you have in your car, it’s capable of towing at least a lightly loaded trailer. However, there are some important steps that should be taken before you get on the road. Here’s what you need to know:

• Double check the tire inflation on the trailer.

• Make sure the the coupler and trailer ball are at the right height. The back end of the trailer should not sag, or sit higher than the ball and hitch.

• Check the lights on the trailer and that they work on concert with your car’s brake lights, taillights and turn signals.

• Make sure your cargo is correctly tied down.

• Don’t tow a trailer during the first 500 miles on a new engine.

• During the second 500 miles on a new engine, don’t exceed 45 MPH when towing.

3. Q: What should I do before towing a trailer?