Q: What precautions should I follow for child safety?

What precautions should I follow for child safety?

Protecting children in your car is essential, and it’s surprisingly easy to get it wrong. Here are some important tips to help you safeguard that precious cargo:

1. Children should be in the back seat unless they are 13 years old or older.

2. Children should be in an age/weight/height appropriate car seat or booster seat.

3. Never, ever put a rear facing car seat in the passenger front seat, as the air bag may deploy and cause serious injury or even death.

4. If a child is too small for the seat belt to fit properly, he or she should be in a booster or car seat.

5. Never ride with a child on your lap.

6. Never let two children share the same seat belt.

7. Never share a seat belt with a child.

8. Never leave children in the car unattended (with or without the engine and the air/heat running).

3. What precautions should I follow for child safety?