Q: What happens when the wheel is replaced with a larger diameter

If you replace the wheels on your car with a larger diameter, will it throw off the speed on the computer because the rolling diameters changed?

A: Certainly it would. Some cars have computer...

Certainly it would. Some cars have computer software where it can be reprogrammed to accept that. If you've got one of those, then it's no big deal--if you can find a guy with a computer to reprogram it, who is not going to charge you too much money. It is going to change the speed on it and a lot of times it's going to change the shift points too and make the shift weird. It's not that good of an idea really. Cars are designed for one-sized tire and it's best to stick with the tire they were designed for.