Q: What happens at year 9 for maintenance?

On the graph why does maintenance cost shoot up to $900 at year 9? What kind of repairs are done?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi John. Thanks for contacting us today. I’m not sure which chart or graph you’re referring to, so I can’t really comment on the extensive price increase. However, we’ve created a really great maintenance search tool here on our website, where you look and review maintenance based on mileage - not years. This data comes from the manufacturers. When I type in your vehicle, and review the 105,000 mile recommendations, it’s basic service, including oil and filter change, tire rotation and fluid inspection. However, at 115,000 miles; there are many more recommended changes that are all listed on that page. You might want to click those links and enter your vehicle data, so you can review the recommended services listed.

3. What happens at year 9 for maintenance?