Q: What does the Seat Belt Reminder indicator mean on the dash?

What does the Seat Belt Reminder indicator mean on the dash?

A number of lights on the dash of your car are designed to provide you with important information. The Seat Belt Reminder indicator is a prime example. Here’s what you need to know:

1. The light will come on if the driver hasn’t buckled up.

2. The light will come on if the front passenger hasn’t buckled up.

3. The light will stay on and a chime will sound if you drive without buckling up (either/both driver and passenger).

Tip

If the light comes on or stays on after the front passenger has buckled up, it might indicate a problem with one of the sensors and your car should be inspected.