Q: What does the electronic power steering light mean?

What does the electronic power steering light mean?

Your car does not have a conventional hydraulic power steering system. It’s equipped with an electronic power steering system (EPS). This system draws its power from the alternator and battery in the car, and does not require any fluid to operate. If you see the EPS light come on in the dash, it means there’s a problem with your power steering. If the system fails, you will still be able to steer, but it will require more effort than usual.

Tip

The light may come on because of low voltage from the battery or alternator. The Charging System light may also come on at the same time.

3. What does the electronic power steering light mean?