Q: What do the various XM Radio messages mean?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What do the various XM Radio messages mean?

Depending on the station and any obstructions blocking your satellite signal, your XM Radio may display any of a number of different messages. Here’s a quick summary:

1. Loading – This means that the station is loading.

2. Off Air – This means the station isn’t broadcasting.

3. Updating – This means that your XM Radio is updating (the encryption code is changing).

4. No Signal – This means the signal from the satellite is being blocked (generally caused by bridges, parking decks, tall buildings and the like). It will return once the car is moved to an area with no obstructions.

5.** No Info** – This means that information for the artist or song isn’t available.

1. Antenna – This indicates a problem with the XM Radio antenna (not the same antenna as used for AM/FM operation).