Q: What can I do to make the seat belts more comfortable?

What can I do to make the seat belts more comfortable?

The most important factor in seat belt comfort is the position of the belt. If the belt is positioned correctly, the belt will be running over the shoulder and evenly over the hips. This prevents the belt from digging into the occupant’s neck or stomach. There are also options that Chevrolet offers that can increase comfort:

• A comfort guide is a small piece of plastic that can hold part of the seat belt off to the side to keep it away from the head or neck of the occupant. This plastic clip attaches to the interior near the side of the seat. The clip can hold the belt while still keeping it in the correct position.

Tips

• When the seat belt is clipped into the comfort guide, make sure the belt is lying totally flat. Any twist or tangle in the belt could make it less effective in a crash.

• If the passenger is too short to comfortably use the seat belt, they may require a booster seat. This varies depending on the state’s laws.

3. What can I do to make the seat belts more comfortable?