Q: Was having Idiling problems then the engine light went on

Was driving to work in traffic...when the car was idling the car started to shake. It continued happening and then eventually the yellow engine light went on. I've read it could be a number of things...lose gas cap, bad air filter or bad spark plugs. Then I was also reading it could possibly be a result of too much carbon build up in the intake values. Is there an easy way to diagnose? Thank you

The vehicle may have carbon build up on the intake valves and would need to be scanned to see if the codes are for misfiring. The intake and injectors should be cleaned by a professional cleaner. Top tier fuels with cleaners should then be used to keep the fuel system and valves clean afterwards. I suggest getting your car looked at by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who has the tools and capability to properly diagnose your Check Engine Light firsthand. Good luck.