Q: Warning light still on

I fixed my alternator, and I was checking voltage in the trunk near the battery. I unhooked a wire from battery to a distribution box by accident, and the car shut off. It was a 2ga wire. I put it back on, started the car and had a warning light on the dash saying that I had an engine malfunction and reduced power. I unhooked the battery for 20 minutes and the warning light was still on. Do you know what the problem is?

I am not sure that there is actually a problem. The warning indicator that was produced by the vehicle was likely in reaction to the wire being unplugged from the power distribution box. When a trouble code is stored it will usually take multiple drive cycles or an OBD2 scanner to reset the light. I would recommend having the warning reset with an OBD2 scan tool and this should resolve your issue. If you are noticing any drivability issues, a certified technician from YourMechanic can diagnose your Warning Light and help pinpoint the fault.