Q: Vibrating and smoking and oil dumped under car

Car started vibrating and smoking, at the same time the engine light was blinking and the oil light on. Pulled over and turned car off. Noticed a puddle of liquid under the car, it was oil. Car wouldn't start again. Any ideas what it could be?

Hi there. Typically, the engine vibration and shaking is a symptom of a reduction of oil. It’s possible that either an oil line or oiling component has broken, which creates a lack of lubrication and tends to cause serious engine damage; which is essentially metal to metal contact. The first thing you should do is to ensure you don’t attempt to start the engine again, until a professional mechanic completes a car is leaking oil inspection.

3. Vibrating and smoking and oil dumped under car