Q: VDC off

asked by on March 18, 2018

We replaced the positive battery terminal because we were having problems starting the car. Now the VDC off light is on and the car lurches when put in reverse and has reduced power when put in drive. Pushing the vdc button does nothing

Reduced Power light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The engine computer will lose certain stored "adaptive" data when you disconnect the battery but that would not result in any significant "reduced power". This could be an electrical issue and it may also be that there were co-existing "engine control/sensor" problems along with the poor connection to the battery. Codes will be stored (if the VDC light is on) and real time engine operating parameters can be viewed on a scan tool to determine exactly what is going on. To get this resolved, the recommended service is a reduced engine power diagnostic. If you request that diagnostic the mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.