Q: VATS security issue

My issue is car sometimes won't start security light flashes and gotta wait hour usually to reset and start. Changed ignition, by passed clutch safety switch, replaced starter changed relay. This happens usually when moisture is in air like early morning when get off work. I simply want VATS disabled or bypassed. I contacted several places even one dealership. And nobody seems willing to mess with it. My question is, is there any place around Springfield MO that will be able and willing to do this

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, the VATS (vehicle anti-theft system) in your vehicle can be repaired. I have in the past, bypassed the system by tricking the security module. Unfortunately, if the battery goes dead or is replaced, the security module resets. Assuming, the ignition changed was the lock cylinder, then it may be the key's resistor is at fault (worn).. Most, locksmith places can measure the key's resistance value and make you a new key. There are some repair facilities willing to take on this challenge. You may have to find, an older technician! I recommend having your vehicle's intermittent flashing security light be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician from YourMechanic.