Q: Used vehicle inspection, issues.

asked by on February 19, 2017

I recently bought a 99 izuzu rodeo. Looks great, runs great and is clean all over. Going to have a shop inspection. Aftermarket radio doesnt work, back hatch wont unlock or open, weird electrical with door lock button. 160k. I want to replace all fluids, filters gaskets the works. Shocks stuff like that. I think it has a lot of life left. Any opinions? Or recommendations?

Check over the vehicle for all safety items on the chassis and cabin compartment. Make sure that the vehicle is safe to drive in any condition. I recommend that if you have to replace any suspension or steering components or both to have an alignment performed afterwards. Check the history report on the vehicle to see how often the vehicle was serviced. This will give you an estimate on how long the vehicle will last on the conditions that it is currently in. If the vehicle is in great shape and runs great at 160K miles, then the vehicle was well taken care of. If you need further assistance with your vehicle maintenance, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr