Q: Upper radiator hose keeps building up a lot of pressure and popping off. Car loses coolant and over heats.

My upper radiator hose keeps building alit of pressure and popping off and car loses coolant and overheats. I changed radiator cap after reading that could be problem.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The radiator hoses can pop off for several reasons. Typically it is because the hose or the plastic neck that connects it to the radiator/component has failed. You will want to inspect both sides of the problem hose, and determine if the clamp is doing its job. Considering it is the top hose, the coolant is coming from the thermostat and flowing down through the radiator to be cooled. The water pump is what pushes it through the thermostat, and if you have excessive pressure, you will want to direct your attention there. For more help with diagnostics and resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Upper radiator hose keeps building up a lot of pressure and popping off. Car loses coolant and over heats.