Q: Trying to replace the alternator but we can't get the air compressor enough out of the way.... Any advice would be appreciated

Trying to replace the alternator but we can't get the air compressor out of the way... After advice would be appreciated

A: Hello, thanks for writing in about your Jee...

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Jeep Compass. You have to lower the compressor and pull it towards the outside as far as possible. Then move A/C line to other side of the alternator battery stud. It is a little hard but it will come out eventually. If you end up needing some help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can ensure a proper replacement of your alternator and help address any other issues that may arise. Good luck.