Q: Truck makes loud noise when accelerating

My truck is making a loud noise when I step on the gas pedal.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. There are multiple things that may cause loud noises when stepping on the gas pedal such as axles,valve lifters, and catalytic convertors. I suggest having a technician inspect the vehicle as again there are several things that may cause this noise. However, it’s worth noting that on 1998-2002 Ford SUV’s and trucks, the catalytic convertors are commonly known to become noisy under the exact circumstances you are describing. I strongly suggest having a qualified mechanic take a look at your truck, they will be able to accurately diagnose your car’s acceleration noise.