Q: Truck makes a squeaking noise while driving, but only when I hit the gas or stop. If I am parked and hit the gas, it doesn’t do it

Truck makes a squeaking sound when I hit the gas going down the road. But doesn’t do it while in park if I hit the gas.

Hi Eric. Thanks for contacting us today. Usually when a squeaking sound is present from the front of the vehicle during braking or acceleration, it’s typically due to a worn out bearing or bushing. Specifically, some common sources include stabilizer bar bushings, tie rod bushings or worn out ball joints (most commonly on trucks and larger SUV’s.). Depending on the type of vehicle you have, it can also be caused by struts or strut mounts that are worn out or even wheel bearings that are losing lubrication. Since there are so many possibilities, the best way to determine exactly what is causing this noise is to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an onsite inspection. Having them test drive the vehicle and replicating the same symptoms you are hearing is the best way to begin the diagnosis process.

3. Truck makes a squeaking noise while driving, but only when I hit the gas or stop. If I am parked and hit the gas, it doesn’t do it