Q: Truck loses power with about a quarter tank of fuel left on

Truck loses power while hauling when there's a quarter tank of fuel left

A: Hi there: In most cases a truck less than ...

Hi there:

In most cases a truck less than two years old shouldn't have problems with fuel pressure (which is what appears to be the reason why you're 2014 Ram is stalling out when the tank is down to 1/4). Typically, this is caused by an electrical relay issue or that there might be some debris clogged inside the fuel pump that makes the pressure reduce as the tank volume decreases. You might want to contact the dealership to see if this is a warranty issue or if there is a service bulletin about this issue first. If they can't help, please feel free to contact one of our mobile mechanics to complete an engine starts then shuts off inspection.