Q: Trouble with the throttle body

I am having trouble with my throttle body. My car is jerking and the engine has reduced power. The car also shuts off.

There are a lot of issues with the throttle system on this vehicle. Most of the time the problem is the throttle body itself or the connection at the throttle body. I typically install a scan tool to watch the readings from the throttle body and the accelerator pedal. From there, I can tell where I need to test with my voltage meter to find the problem. Most of the time, the throttle body needs to be replaced. If you want to have this looked at by a professional, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your car’s loss of power and replace the throttle body if necessary.

3. Trouble with the throttle body