loosing power when i hit the gas pedal down in my titan s...

Q: loosing power when i hit the gas pedal down in my titan sometimes backfire

asked by on October 16, 2017

Everytime i hit the gas pedal down it starts to stalling loosing power if i let go the gas a little will go away and if i keep the pedal down it backfires loud,dont do it when is cold always after is running for around 15 minutes or more

Loss of power on acceleration can be due to plugged fuel injectors, faulty oxygen sensors, fuel pump and/or filter, vacuum leaks, ignition system malfunctions, bad valve timing if the timing belt or chain is worn or skipped, blocked exhaust (e.g., catalytic converter fails or become clogged), a faulty airflow sensor or throttle position sensor, and so forth. To pinpoint the exact case will require an engine loss of power diagnostic. If you request that diagnostic, the certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.