Q: Transmission swap and what is my transmission?

My 1982 granada gl 3.3l I think has a c5 transmission I'm not sure but a guy that has a c4 transmission says it will fit in my car with no issues is this true or is it going to give me issues and the c4 came out of a 1971 ford f100 truck.

Your vehicle could of been equipped with a C3 or C5 transmission. A 1971 F100 came with a C4 or C6 transmissions. Since your car did not come with the any of the same engines or transmissions the F100 came with you may have problems with the swap. The differences may be the gear ratios, driveshafts, bell housings, flywheels, torque converters, shift linkage can all be different. I would recommend having your existing transmission shifting problem checked by a mobile mechanic like one from YourMechanic to verify the transmission is in need of replacement.