Q: Transmission gets stuck in 2nd after warmed up but will fix when Cars is shut off and on.

When driving the car after it gets warm it will not shift down into 3 But when slowed down it goes into limp mode and stays in second gear and will not shift into another gear unless put into park and restarted. Is it a censor thats bad or does valve pan an little pistols in transmission need replaced?

Hi There, There are a number of things that can cause this to happen. What you are describing sounds like possibly low transmission fluid or a bad speed sensor or potentially a faulty transmission control module, which also controls the speed sensors. The transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform it’s function. Other functions controlled by the TCM are components such as a kick down switch, traction control system, and cruise control module. Any of these may also affect the way the transmission control module performs and controls the transmission and the shifting of your vehicle. A faulty transmission control module may cause also cause a delay in acceleration or erratic shifting of gears. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission problem.

• Transmission gets stuck in 2nd after warmed up but will fix when Cars is shut off and on.