Q: Toyota camry 05 check engine light on and had some trouble starting up. What could it be the issue?

Earlier when driving the car before the check engine light come on, i noticed the car was making a noise when i was driving. I'm not sure if that was engine related. No other light has been on and i haven't had a mechanic look at it yet. Is it safe to drive up to the closest mechanic? Also i was able to get the car running again but the light is still on.

I got this car from someone off craigslist and they told me the car runs fine, and it did up to this point. However i also felt like the car accelerated slower and that it was working hard to get up to 60 on the freeway. Not sure if that is necessary information. I'm not knowledgeable about cars so any help is appreciated greatly!!

3. Toyota camry 05 check engine light on and had some trouble starting up. What could it be the issue?