Q: Timing jumped, what now?

My Mechanic says my timing is jumped on my 2006 Passat 2.0T. What do I do now? Is it ruined for good or is it worth investing $$ to see if it can be "revived"?

Hi Christian. Thanks for contacting us today. It really depends on what has caused the timing to "jump" that would dictate what advice we would offer. I would ask your mechanic to tell you what is damaged or has caused this issue to occur, and what they’d charge to resolve the issue. If the cost of repair is more than 50% of the current value of your car, it’s best to find a different vehicle.

3. Timing jumped, what now?