Q: Thumping sound at front of car

There is a small thumping sound coming from the front left side of the car.

A: Hello. The front wheel bearings on your par...

Hello. The front wheel bearings on your particular vehicle will routinely go bad and produce such thumping noises. The wheel bearings will usually go bad every 20,000-40,000 miles depending on the quality of the replacement part. I suggest that a certified technician road test the vehicle and inspect the bearings for noise and abnormal movement. Usually a bad bearing will present abnormal movement before producing an abnormal noise therefore I recommend that both bearings are inspected to determine if an additional bearing requires replacement.