Q: The passenger window on my Audi A4 Quattro 3.2 is stuck

There was some issue with Passenger front side window. Finally it got stuck and I was not able to close the mirror. I believe there was an issue with regulator and I visited a mechanic who did not have the parts available at that time but he opened the entire door to just push the mirror up temporarily so that I can drive the car. he found that some wire stuck in between and thats why it was not going up. He removed the wire and cut regulator wire also, pushed the mirror up and fixed it temporarily. immediately after that when I drove my car, it stopped with 50 yards, I started it and again stopped after 50 yards, I faced this issue 3-4 times and after that it is running fine. i believe there is synch up of regulator wire with centralized computer system which was trying to identify the issue, is it. One more thing I observed after that there is one more issue with boot door and I am not able to close it. May it be related to with that regulator wire which was cut down by that mechanic

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. Cutting the wires to the regulator in a door will not affect the way the engine operates. The vehicle could have an intermittent issue with a stall out or the brakes applying. Now, it also could be the wires in the door going to ground causing a short making the computer cut on an off.

I recommend getting the parts to the regulator and your mirror to fix the job. In the meantime, you can put electrical tape on the cut ends of the wires to protect them. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to assist you with your vehicle.

3. The passenger window on my Audi A4 Quattro 3.2 is stuck