Q: The nissan starts, battery indicator goes down quickly then car shakes and shutdown with high voltage battery indicator on

When I start the car, it works as should be، and the sound of the gas engine comes out , then after seconds the battery cursor moves down quickly then the car shakes and turns off . I tried to change the small battery but that didn't work .

When your hybrid is started, it is powered only by motor generator 2 (MG2) located in the transaxle. If the required drive torque increases when driving MG2 only, MG1 is activated to start the engine. MG1 is also used to start the engine if the hybrid battery state of charge is low, hybrid battery temperature is out of specification or engine coolant temperature is too high. In addition, the hybrid control module will prevent force from being applied to the drive wheels if one of these parameters is out of specification. My guess that the hybrid battery maybe in need of replacement. Of course, to know for sure, the vehicle would need to be inspected in person by a professional. I recommend giving YourMechanic a call since we come to your home or office.

• The nissan starts, battery indicator goes down quickly then car shakes and shutdown with high voltage battery indicator on