Q: The Malfunction Indicator light.

I have a 2014 Nissan Sentra. As I turned on my car to leave work this evening, I noticed that the Malfunction indicator light had come on when I started up my car. The car sounds fine and nothing seems wrong with it when I'm driving, however, that light stays on while I am driving. It turns off when I turn the car off. I don't know much about cars and think it may just be a faulty light but I can't be sure. Keep in mind that I was able to drive my car to work this morning and nothing was wrong and the light hadn't popped up until when I left work which was around 10 or so hours later. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi there. Thanks for writing in tonight. When a warning or service light is illuminated on the dashboard it is typically caused by an error code that has been triggered by a sensor or vehicle monitoring system and stored in the ECU. It illuminates the dash warning light to let you know that it’s a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a check engine light inspection. By downloading all the stored error codes, the mechanic will be able to pinpoint what code was created, what caused it and what needs to be done to resolve the issue. In many ways, the warning light is an early detection program that can save you a lot of money on potentially large repairs by finding a problem early and making small repairs.

3. The Malfunction Indicator light.